Thursday, December 4, 2008

1 DOWN 1 TO GO!



See this sweet little boy with his Binky. Well I can say we no longer need it or have it. It is gone the Turkey bird came and got it. And he is not one bit jealous that his bubba has one and he does not.

I can not believe it was as easy as it was but is was just that easy. Mattson has always taken a binky from day one. He has been attached to it or should I say it was attached to him. Anyway last Wed. night he went to spend the night with grad-dad (Phillip) and he never lets him have his binky, when he is with him. So he went all night with out and half the next day without it. He never asked for it from him b/c he knows he would have not let him have it. So anyway we just kept not giving to him, we just simply said you are a big boy now and we no longer have a binky. He did however throw one fit or two or actually three. But for the most part it was not as bad as I thought it would be.

This is just one step closer of him growing up and it breaks my heart but it is also one less thing I have to pack or not worry about packing when we go somewhere. I am so happy that is over and now we will have a great Christmas since we got the binky out of the way.

5 comments:

Ashley W said...

Yay!! Thats great that it wasn't that bad of a transition for him. I know it breaks your heart to see him grow up to be a big boy. I

Cassie Fields said...

Hooray for Mattson! It's like a bandaid, when you just rip it off really fast it doesn't hurt as bad! That is what we finally had to do with Kady! I am so proud for him and for you by not giving it back. It is so hard to see them mature so fast!

Shannon said...

that is one step closer to being a big boy... way to go Mattson and way to go mommy by not giving in to him. Payton had hers until the week before she turned 3 and she just quit wanting it. Graci will probably be 10 and still want hers. she will be 2 in a couple of weeks and i don't care how long she keeps it :)

codie lee said...

now if we can just get to remember how he used to love his Coco.. and not yell at her when she comes to see him!!! i love him anyways though.. sweet boy! At least Payson does not yell at me... yet. :) I cannot wait til tomorrow!!! roll tide roll!!!!

Sue said...

That's wonderful...we took Maddie's away while Amy was at Disney World last year with Breanna. She did absolutely great. I couldn't believe how easy it was. She asked for it a couple of times but that was it. I'm proud for you!