Monday, September 15, 2008

Surprizes from Above


Last Sunday was Payson's dedication, at Church. As always when I am in front of a crowd I was totally nervous. But everything went very smooth. After it was over and Pastor Jason was preaching I began to think back about when I found out I was pregnant with Payson. It was the day before Mattson turned 1 years old. I was in total shock, not only was I not trying to get pregnant but I was on birth control. I remember seeing the ultra-sound and there was not even a heartbeat yet, just a black dot. I thought how could this of happened. Of course I cried and called my husband and as men always do he said "everything is going to be fine, it not a big deal". I said "no its not a big deal, I am just going to have a baby before my other baby is even 2 years old". I was worried I would not be able to be the mother I needed to be to Anna, Mattson or the new baby. I thought how could I possibly manage a 9 year old, a 2 year old, and a new born. As I look back at what a total surprise Payson was nothing could be any better. Anna and Mattson adore him ( wished they loved each other as much as they love Payson). I think how could He have not of happened. God new Payson before I ever saw that black dot in my womb. He new the plans for his life and the person he is and will become. He knew the blessing he would be to us and what joy he would bring to our family. 9/

3 comments:

Sherree said...

You are right Payson is such a joy. I am so glad that our kids are so close.

Amy said...

Isn't God good like that?! I am glad that Payson is here, too. He is too cute for words. Welcome to Blog World!
AMY:)

Ashley said...

Hey Shelley!! Just amazed how quickly the family has grown!! Just as beautiful and perfect as I would expect! So happy for you and Matt!!!